1. How do I get SDS forms for Nyalic products?
If you are in need of SDS forms for any of the Nyalic products email us at email@example.com or call us at 770-690-1480.
2. How long will a Nyalic coating last?
A typical Nyalic application will last about 3 years. Depending on the surface coated, the prep process used and the level of maintenance the coating gets, Nyalic has shown good adherence for up to 10 years.
3. Can Nyalic be applied to glass?
Nyalic will adhere to glass, but we do not recommend using Nyalic on glass or mirrors.
4. How is Nyalic applied?
Nyalic can be sprayed, applied with a poly foam
roller or brush or with a white lint-free cloth. Our Nyalic techs prefer using
HVLP spray guns. We recommend a 1.0 needle tip on spray guns.
5. What prep work should I do before spraying Nyalic?
This depends on the surface. Is it new or used? Is it oxidized? Painted or bare metal? And many other questions. The simplest answer is that any surface that will be coated with Nyalic must be free and clear of all types of surface contamination. A good test is to spray water on the surface. If the water sheets off, then the surface is clean. Any other results indicate more cleaning is required.
6. How long does it take Nyalic to cure?
Nyalic will dry to the touch in about 20 minutes when applied at ambient temps of about 70°F (21.1°C). We encourage applicators to wait at least 48 hours before placing a Nyalic-coated surface in service. It will take 30 days for Nyalic to take on all of its characteristics, but a coated surface can be used before this happens.
7. Where can I purchase Nyalic products?
Directly from Nyalic on our website, Nyalic.com
8. Can I coat Nyalic over decals?
Yes, but we strongly advise to test a small area to make sure that the solvent carrier in Nyalic doesn’t make the ink run.
9. What is the shelf life of Nyalic?
Unlimited as long as any unused portion is kept in the can sealed up tightly.
10. What types of surfaces can be coated by Nyalic?
Bare ferrous and non-ferrous metals, polished metal, painted surfaces and fiberglass.
11. How do you maintain a Nyalic coating?
Periodic washing of a Nyalic-coated surface will help prolong the life of the coating. Also, use Nyalic aerosols to repair and touch up any damaged areas.
AT NO TIME SHOULD YOU EVER USE A SOLVENT-BASED OR ABRASIVE CLEANER TO CLEAN A NYALIC-COATED SURFACE.
12. Will Nyalic peel, chip, crack, or flake?
Not if the surface is prepped properly and the Nyalic is applied according to specs.
13. How can I remove Nyalic?
Acetone or xylene with a white cloth and lots of elbow grease, media blasting or Sea-2-Sky 203.
14. Has Nyalic passed any ASTM standard testing?
Yes, Nyalic has passed basic ASTM tests. A copy of the test results is available.
15. What do I do if I have application issues?
Call Nyalic at 770-690-1480 for help and problem-solving.
16. Can I, or should I, wax a Nyalic-coated surface?
No, DO NOT polish, wax or buff a Nyalic-coated surface. Doing so may dull or damage the finish. Once coated with Nyalic, the surface will retain its shine.
17. Is Nyalic a 2-part product like some epoxies and polyurethanes?
No, Nyalic is not a 2-part product. It is a single pack product that does not require mixing, stirring or thinning before application. Nyalic is not an epoxy or polyurethane.
18. Does Nyalic provide UV protection?
Even though Nyalic is clear, the formulation does resist UV.